Workshop registration open: “ADVANCES IN THE SUBSTITUTION OF HAZARDOUS FLAME RETARDANT CHEMICALS IN HOME TEXTILES”
The aim of this workshop is to discuss the advances and implementation of chemical substitution policies in the textile industry, particularly on the use of flame retardants for home textiles including carpets, upholstery for home furniture and other products such as mattresses or curtains.
The venue will be in EURATEX facilities in Brussels at Rue Montoyer 24, B-1000 Brussels.
The agenda is now released.
The workshop’s objectives are to:
- Present a case study of a EU project aiming to find and demonstrate sustainable alternatives to Flame Retardants containing halogenated organic compounds, antimony or releasing formaldehyde for the home textile sector.
- Discuss early results with international experts and increase stakeholder engagement.
- Inform the industry about the needs to move toward alternative flame retardants and currently available alternatives for home textile with emphasis on carpets and upholstery for home furniture.
- Collect industry feedback about a pressing topic and engage industry collaboration for validation of safer and greener alternatives.
- Foster networking among the different stakeholders involved in the home textile sector, particularly textile finishers, flame retardant producers and end-users.
Stakeholders in the home textile sector, particularly, chemical manufacturers of flame retardants, textile finishing companies, textile companies related to home textiles and retailers of home textiles, academic/R&D experts in flame retardant technology, textile-related business associations, policy-makers and NGOs.
Registration is now closed.
If you need more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org