“ADVANCES IN THE SUBSTITUTION OF HAZARDOUS FLAME RETARDANT CHEMICALS IN HOME TEXTILES”
Rue Montoyer 24, B-1000 Brussels, January 16th 2018
The aim of this workshop is to discuss the advances and implementation of chemical substitution policies in the textile industry, particularly on the use of flame retardants for home textiles including carpets, upholstery for home furniture and other products such as mattresses or curtains.
The workshop’s objectives are to:
- Present a case study of a EU project aiming to find and demonstrate sustainable alternatives to Flame Retardants containing halogenated organic compounds, antimony or releasing formaldehyde for the home textile sector.
- Discuss early results with international experts and increase stakeholder engagement.
- Inform the industry about the needs to move toward alternative flame retardants and currently available alternatives for home textile with emphasis on carpets and upholstery for home furniture.
- Collect industry feedback about a pressing topic and engage industry collaboration for validation of safer and greener alternatives.
- Foster networking among the different stakeholders involved in the home textile sector, particularly textile finishers, flame retardant producers and end-users.
You can now find the presentations from the workshop below.
- LIFE-FLAREX Introduction
- State of the art on safer flame retardant alternatives for home textile
sector – LEITAT & CENTEXBEL
- Industry view on replacement of harmful chemicals – EURATEX
- Substitution of chemicals – early warnings, concepts and available
tools – ECHA
Shortly a report on the outcomes of the workshop will also be published here.
Stay tuned for updates!
Who should participate?
Stakeholders in the home textile sector, particularly, chemical manufacturers of flame retardants, textile finishing companies, textile companies related to home textiles and retailers of home textiles, academic/R&D experts in flame retardant technology, textile-related business associations, policy-makers and NGOs.
Registration is now closed! This event has already been held
If you need more information, contact us at: email@example.com
How to get to the venue: